Wednesday, September 28, 2011

First letter
















So I received my first correspondance from my sponsor child Lucia from Mozambique today.





I learned that she lives near the capital city of Maputo,








which it near the bottom of Mozambique it's self.

  • It is Mozambique's largest city and its administrative, communications, and commercial center.
  • Most of the city's large Portuguese population left and its name was changed to Maputo
  • Capital and chief port of Mozambique on Maputo Bay
  • a city first named ‘Bay of the Lagoon
  • renamed after the Portuguese trader, Lourenço Marques
  • It was renamed in 1976 after the Maputo River





My favorite part of the letter was her picture and also the tracing of her hand in pink marker.
makes her seem closer some how.


So far i know that she wants to be a nurse,
She lives in a mud hut complete with straw grass roof,
and she want to know if there are a lot of schools where i live.

I hope to learn more about her and her country as I continue to sponsor her.



No comments: